[Stoves] Trials on TLUD gas burners

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Sat May 10 18:24:23 CDT 2014

Hello Stovers;

I have created and successfully tested a larger, stove-size, version of the
discontinuous-annular gas burner (previously called "Rectangular").  This
larger version worked very well in gusty wind.   A pdf of photographs is
attached, and there is a Youtube video of it operating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01wc5VXpDFM
I put a tin can buffer in the middle of the burner, but it caused smoking.
I need to look into this again.

I will create a concentrator below secondary air burner ("ConcBelow"), and
then run a tests on soot production.

In the smaller prototypes, I made a "Retangular" burner with the holes
rotated 45°.  Because the holes have flanges extending upwards, the flame
in the chimney rotated.  I will have more on this later.

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Winter