[Stoves] The Cookstove / Homestead Garden Ecosystem in Bangladesh

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Mon May 12 06:58:54 CDT 2014

Hello Stovers;

I don't know how the history of the Bangladeshi Bondhu Chula stoves, but of
interesting historical interest is the pamphlet by VITA which captures
ideas surrounding the first generation of improved cookstoves including
ones still in use today.  I am sure that many stovers have seen it.

VITA.   1980.   Wood Conserving Cook Stoves: A Design Guide.   Volunteers
in Technical Assistance, Mt. Rainier, Maryland, USA.  117 p.

http://www.build-a-gasifier.com/PDF/WoodConservingStoves.pdf

We are born with a 'blank slate' and all our ideas have a causal history;
they don't merely fall from the sky.  Otherwise, humans wouldn't have spent
300,000 years throwing stones and hairy elephants.  There was nobody to
say, "Why don't you just shoot the bugger?"

Cheers,
Julien.

--
Julien Winter