[Stoves] GACC live broadcast has ended. $200 million pledge by USA

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 11:26:16 CST 2014

List cc Paul

	Again thanks to Paul.

	1.  The opening panel, the only televised part of today’s proceedings, are now archived at:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10831949/events/3576333?origin=stream_live&mixpanel_id=1498be6821014b-05077be3b545cf8-40524136-1fa400-1498be68212274&acc_id=11026895&medium=email

	2.  The announcement of the $200 million is by the USAID administrator at 34:45.  Could be a few items mentioned (e.g. loans) that would be valuable to stove manufacturers.  This compares to the next largest commitment by the UK at $50 million.  I think both are 5 year totals.

	3.  He introduced Hillary Clinton at 44:15.  She spoke for about 13 minutes.  Mostly pushing GACC.   I was surprised to hear that the University of Arkansas has had a (degree Service) program, some involving solar cookers -  I think with Clinton Foundation funding.  Example at http://clinton473.rssing.com/browser.php?indx=11705279&item=158 .

	4.  Numerous other donor names mentioned - from banks, etc.

	5.  The video from yesterday is at http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10831949/events/3576333?origin=stream_live&mixpanel_id=1498be6821014b-05077be3b545cf8-40524136-1fa400-1498be68212274&acc_id=11026895&medium=email
	Kirk Smith is at 2:48:30.
	Tami Bond is at 3:10:15

	The total is over 8 hours.  You can make some estimates from the agenda.

	Anyone have a favorite talk they’d recommend?

	Thoughts?

Ron