[Stoves] Is LPG all that bad?

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 19:32:20 CST 2014

Dear List,
I saw recently a lot of criticism against LPG. As cooking fuel, it is
really superb, giving a blue flame without smoke or soot,
instantaneous ignition, finger-tip control of flame intensity, no ash,
etc. Being liquifiable, relatively large quantities of it can be
filled into cylinders which occupy very little space in the kitchen.
One can carry the cylinder around if the gas is needed elsewhere. I
understand that LPG is a by product of petroleum refining and that one
cannot avoid the production of LPG as long as we are using petroleum
and refining it. So, if we stopped using it as cooking fuel, we shall
have to find an alternative use for it.
Yours
A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)