[Stoves] Fwd: Dumaguete City, Philippines -- gasifier stoves, biochar, ecological sa nitation

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:29:22 CDT 2014

Dear Teddy,
cattle dung, which consists mainly of lignin, is already being used in Asia
and Africa as cooking fuel. The dairy business in India is growing by leaps
and bounds, making India the llargest milk producer in the world. The dung
is not being properly used. Making biogas from it is a wasteful and costly
process, If one can press the dung into uniformly sized briquettes, it can
be used as industrial fuel. If the dung briquettes became popular, the
industry won't mind using briquettes made from human excreta as boiler fuel.
Yours
A.D.Karve
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Cookswell Jikos <cookswelljikos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Huck -
>
> While I am not sure about putting char into a toilet - I just heard about
> these guys in Kenya making charcoal briquetts for cooking food out of human
> waste... they are looking for 15,000 grand here -
> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sanivation-turning-poo-into-power I
> imagine they will need a very, very good marketing team to convince folks
> to cook on these though..
>

> Teddy
>
>  *Cookswell Jikos*
> www.cookswell.co.ke
> www.facebook.com/CookswellJikos
> www.kenyacharcoal.blogspot.com
> Mobile: +254 700 380 009
> Mobile: +254 700 905 913
> P.O. Box 1433, Nairobi 00606, Kenya
>
> Save trees - think twice before printing.
>

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Huck Rorick <huckrorick at groundwork.org>
> wrote:
>
>> We were considering using char in composting toilets.  Do you know of
>> anyone with experience with these types of uses?
>>
>> Huck

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)