[Stoves] Fwd: Dumaguete City, Philippines -- gasifier stoves, biochar, ecological sa nitation

Energies Naturals C.B. energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Sat Oct 4 03:06:07 CDT 2014

Dear Dr. Karve,

your comments have for long time been a fountain of knowledge and inspiration for me.

But this last opinion seemingly does not reflect your usual ideas which tend to conserve

organic matter and fertilizer.

I agree that making biogas is costly, but as a wet process it retains much of the N and other

elements in very "available" form for plants, the non digestible remainders can still be

bricketted and burnt. And methane has for a long time been a good fuel for light and power generation.

Isn't a narrowly closed energy-fertilizer circuit an important step towards a sustainable lifestyle

in develloping (and western!) societies in which the ever growing urban concentration put a huge burden

on man and nature ?

Rolf

--
Energies Naturals C.B. <energiesnaturals at gmx.de>