[Stoves] dung as fuel..

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 23:28:29 CDT 2014

Dear Richard,
 I assume that the dung tea also contains a few mineral salts in a
dissolved form.  Does the removal of juices from dung reduce its ash
content?
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Richard Stanley <rstanley at legacyfound.org>
wrote:

> I agree Teddy,
>
> Francis and Mary Kavita devised a simple way of removing the aromatics by
> just waking it out the way you clean rice , leaving behind a pretty clean
> fibrous mass for creating a good  base matrix for additives in
> briquettemaking by the wet process. The tea that driops out in the process
> of both cleaning the dung and draining off the briquette during compression
> is very useful as fertiliser at the same time.
>
> Question is will they ever get credit for it  and if so, how?: They are
> nine miles off the mombassa road near sultan hamud.
> Or will the more properly credentialed "scientific community" usurp it for
> their own edification...
>
> Either way its kstill a hard sell, na kubali.
>
> Mimi tu,
>

>  On Oct 2, 2014, at 9:54 PM, Cookswell Jikos wrote:
>
> Hi Huck -
>
> While I am not sure about putting char into a toilet - I just heard about
> these guys in Kenya making charcoal briquetts for cooking food out of human
> waste... they are looking for 15,000 grand here -
> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sanivation-turning-poo-into-power I
> imagine they will need a very, very good marketing team to convince folks
> to cook on these though..
>

> Teddy
>
>  *Cookswell Jikos*
> www.cookswell.co.ke
> www.facebook.com/CookswellJikos
> www.kenyacharcoal.blogspot.com
> Mobile: +254 700 380 009
> Mobile: +254 700 905 913
> P.O. Box 1433, Nairobi 00606, Kenya
>
> Save trees - think twice before printing.
>

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Huck Rorick <huckrorick at groundwork.org>
> wrote:
>
>> We were considering using char in composting toilets.  Do you know of
>> anyone with experience with these types of uses?
>>
>> Huck

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)