[Stoves] modification to Champion TLUD

Huck Rorick huckrorick at groundwork.org
Wed Oct 8 22:48:59 CDT 2014

Hi Paul,

For our housing project in Cameroon we have been using Serval's version of
your champion TLUD as a model.  We would be undertaking to make several
different stove models locally including something similar to the Champion.
I was looking at one possible modification and wanted to get your feedback.

Here is a diagram.

The benefit I saw with this is that it makes it easy to control both primary
and secondary air and makes the configuration a bit simpler (primary air
intake doesn't come through the secondary intake opening).

Here is a minor variation that would allow bringing in the air from all
sides and still reasonably easy to control.

Can you give me your thoughts on this?

Also, can you tell me what changes you made to the Troika stove that
improved on the Champion?

Best regards,

Huck

Huck Rorick