[Stoves] Building a mixed-materials TLUD

Bodie Cabiyo bodie.cabiyo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 03:47:41 CDT 2014

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Bodie and I'm presently in India spearheading the improved
cookstoves component of a broad-scale village resiliency program. In large
part, my work here was inspired by the potential of the TLUD and similar
designs to simultaneously increase efficiency, decrease emissions, and
produce biochar.

Initially, I came in with the vision of proliferating pyrolytic stoves like
the TLUD but, through my research here, I've come to recognize that the
currently available TLUD models won't be socially appropriate for the
villages I am working with. Additionally, none of the current models are in
alignment with the organization's mission of developing technology that can
be fabricated locally.

That said,* I am interested in developing a mixed-materials TLUD* that has
a clay/mud outer shell and a simple, modified-can internal combustion
chamber. An all mud/clay model would be acceptable too.

Do you think it's possible? *What are the major technological hurdles you
see in developing such a model?*

Thank you for your time, your input is invaluable.

Bodie Cabiyo

--

*Food for Thought:*
*“**In this age of selfishness, selfless service for the betterment of the