[Stoves] Stoves in Guatemala

Huck Rorick huckrorick at groundwork.org
Mon Oct 27 22:53:28 CDT 2014

Hi Crispin,

I would be very interested to see what is "under the hood" and any other
information.

They have several features that are of interest for our project:

1.       Built into the home

2.       The multiple rings (we would not be using plancha stoves but the
multiple rings for different pots is of interest).  What are the tops made
of?  What is the cost?  These remind me a bit of old fashioned U.S. cast
iron wood stoves.

3.       Chimneys

4.       Quality

How do plancha stoves work in terms of efficiency?  I would assume they lose
a lot of heat through the top.

Huck