[Stoves] More info on stoves and health

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 20:39:54 CDT 2014

List and especially Marc:

	1.   Coincidentally,  Prof. Kirk Smith sent out a note a few hours ago announcing the availability of a new (yesterday) paper on the stove - death topic of the last few days - a short version of a thesis by Zoe Chafe.

Household Cooking with Solid Fuels Contributes to Ambient PM2.5 Air Pollution and the Burden of Disease.

Zoe Chafe, Michael Brauer, Zbigniew Klimont, Rita Van Dingenen, Sumi Mehta, Shilpa Rao, Keywan Riahi, Frank Dentener, and Kirk R. Smith
Environmental Health Perspectives, web published, Sep 4, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1206340

[RWL:  This last URL leads one to:  http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/uploads/advpub/2014/9/ehp.1206340.pdf

	2.  I have only skimmed this, but believe the death numbers are way down from what we have been talking about.  I hope someone can summarize for us.

Ron