[Stoves] ------ making salt just an aside

Schmidt, Hans-Peter schmidt at ithaka-institut.org
Sun Aug 30 07:58:26 CDT 2015

Dear Ron and all,
There are several people working on heat recovery of the Kon-Tiki for
biomass drying, distillation and pasteurization. Desalination, as you
proposed, could be another great combined use. Another idea that I love
but not yet realized is to use the amazingly pure CO2 of the
pyrogas-combustion to fertilize and heat greenhouses.
The giant pro Kon-Tiki produces > 5 M h, enough to heat 20.000 l water
from 20 to 70°C.
Cheers, hp
_________________________
Schmidt, Hans-Peter
ithaka institute for carbon strategies
Ancienne Eglise 9, CH-1974 Arbaz
phone: ++41 27 398 12 92
www.ithaka-institut.org <http://www.ithaka-institut.org>
schmidt at ithaka-institut.org

The first journal dedicated to biochar: www.biochar-journal.org
<http://www.ithaka-journal.net>
New articles about climate farming, wine growing and ecology in our Ithaka
Journal: www.ithaka-journal.net <http://www.ithaka-journal.net/>
Discover the Natural Wines from the Institute's estate: www.mythopia.ch
<http://www.mythopia.ch>
Biochar certification, analysis & consulting: www.european-biochar.org