[Stoves] ETHOS registration and abstract submission now officially launched!

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 1 19:42:51 CST 2015

Stovers and all,

In addition to the ETHOS meeting, you might consider going to the Open
House at Aprovecho on the Tues through Thursday 3 - 5 February.   (with
the Monday to do the 5-hour drive from Seattle to Cottage Grove,
Oregon.   I have not seen the official invitation from Dean / Aprovecho,
but Dean assured me it would happen again in 2016.

My current plans are to be at both ETHOS and Aprovecho Open House. So if
some others plan to attend and IF we get ourselves organized, we can
utilize the days for some serious biochar-stove activities. In terms of
stoves, I hope that we can see, operate, test and discuss several
serious contenders, some not previously seen (new since last January).
These could include:

1.  Mimi Moto (TLUD-FA) (Netherlands.   I will bring one if MM leaders
are not attending.  Has Tier 4 ratings.)
2.  FAABulous  (TLUD-FA)(South Africa.)
3.  Rice husk gasifier (TLUD-FA) (Vietnam or from my garage)
4.  Units now in production from what Aprovecho introduced last January.
(Some TLUD, other types also)
5.  TChar on top of one or more charcoal stoves that are in mass
production.  (TLUD-ND)
6.  Latest experimental units / combustors, etc by Kirk Harris. (TLUD-ND)
7.  Char-making stoves ala Art's Estufa Finca design (TLUD-ND)

8.  New products that are charcoal stoves and Rocket stoves and others.

If that seems like a lot of TLUD types, you are right.   They are coming
on strongly.

So, if we want to be organized (at least a little), we need to be
discussing what could or should be done.  There is always the question
of ground transportation of those who are flying in.   In the past rides
have been coordinated rather nicely, but with some uncertainties,
especially for those who do not indicate their need for transport from
Seattle to Aprovecho and back to the airport. Do not be shy about
talking about your transportation needs.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com