[Stoves] Baffle stove for serial TLUD operation Re: Dushanbe Stove

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Dec 6 12:32:38 CST 2015

Bill,

Thanks for your comments and your videos and for all your efforts. See
my comments in reply to Crispin (separate response).

Hugh McLaughlin also had a small TLUD (diagonal) with an auger feeding
fuel from the bottom.   Not sufficient success to merit further work.

For a continuous operation when the budget allows for powered augers and
controls, I favor the AVUD system that is described in the Boiling Point
paper "Micro-gasification:   What it is and why it works."  (See Quick
Picks at my drtlud.com website).   It is NOT a TLUD.   But it is updraft
and continuous and scalable and makes great biochar if desired.
Interested people (with budget or with time plus skills plus workshop)
should contact me directly.

AVUD works in small sizes too, but the automation of the fuel feeding
and char extraction remains rather costly, and manual operation requires
a person's attention at least every 15 minutes or less.   In small
sizes, the competition is from pellet-stove-headers.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com