[Stoves] Mewar Angithi: An In Situ Modification of the TSH as a Solution to the Problem

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Sat Dec 12 16:57:11 CST 2015

Francesco,

it is for me an interesting item you report.
I have no experience with three-stone-fires, but I think my thoughts about are as simple as basic.

1. "Smoke" = often Woodgas (when not merely water-vapor) has a high self-ignition temperature.
2. Charcoal has a low self-ignition temperature.

3. When glowing (= burning-) charcoal  has not some draft to burn bright, it will _never_ have the temperature that (self !-) ignites smoke.
4. The perforated sheet-metal is a sort of griddle, which gives enough draft to hold the charcoal bright burning and therefore above self-ignition temperature of the outgassing wood.
5. Due to the griddle, the fire can be kept as well small __and__   __hot__!

How to see this somehow related and as base of a rocket-stove, just with a shelf to burn upon,  and without tubes. So it does not behave as a "rocket", but as a good fire.

Regards
Martin