[Stoves] Palm Kernel Shell Fuel

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Dec 17 07:58:16 CST 2015

Thanks for this Muhammad. It was only a few years ago that the maximum burn time was only 20-30 minutes. This is real progress.

I have had a lot of hope for PKS as a domestic fuel. I may turn out to be the best answer for tropical cooks. It is at least as good as a wood pellet and comes pre-packaged!

Congrats

Crispin in sunny Beijing

Dear Stovers,

I am glad to share my latest video on the UB/Prime stoves fueled with palm kernel shell (PKS). To use PKS for fuel, one just needs to drying the PKS under sun.  No need to select or sort the specific form of PKS. All kind of PKS can be burnt.

With around 1.3 kg PKS, one can use the stove for more than 2 hours cooking time. If the PKS is relatively clean from fiber, the burning chamber can be fueled till 1.8 kg, enough for cooking time around 3 hours.

Please check the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP54TG5lZJQ

Kind regards

M. Nurhuda