[Stoves] TLUD Oven paper updated

Marquitusus marquitusus at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 02:00:34 CST 2015

Measuring temperatures inside an oven may be a very instructing thing.
When I started measuring temps with the thermocouple, my doubt was: where exactly I should put the thermocouple? What is the temperature I should measure? After measuring temperatures from a lot of different points of the oven, the answer for me it's clear: we have to measure the temps that foods being baked inside the oven are experimenting.
In the firsts tests, I measured only the inside wall surface temperature (I put the end of the probe inside the first centimentre of the internal side of the wall), and until it reached the 200ºC, I didn't put the bread inside. The result was the bread was burnt, because the "practical oven temperature" was about 380ºC!
So, as you say, we are measuring 2 types of heat transfer: convection and radiation heat. Both together are used in the low-mass ovens (not in the high mass ovens, they cook using only radiation heat) and both together have to be measured if we want to bake something.
Thanks for you comments!Marc