[Stoves] Fly ash cement, Curiosity. Continued 2

mtrevor at mail.mh mtrevor at mail.mh
Sat Feb 7 16:02:49 CST 2015

Crispin and AJH
Thank for the answers and I will keep looking.  Fly ash is high in aluminsilicate component  an important
part of refractory cements and has a very strong base component. Part of the setting may not be all hydrolysis

Statements like “fly-ash-based geopolymers exhibit remarkable fire resistance while maintaining a high degree of mechanical strength.”
and
“The team has made geopolymers, a cement-like material formed by dissolving materials that contain silicon and aluminum, such as fly ash, in a highly alkaline solution for use in high-temperature applications such as fireproofing and building insulation. Rickard said: “Because of their amorphous polymeric structure, geopolymers maintain structural stability to much higher temperatures than conventional concrete.”

There maybe something here---  the Zeopbond group in Australia makes an E-crete--

Michael N Trevor
Instructor
College of the Marshall Islands