[Stoves] Stove tests - in practice?

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:30:03 CST 2015

[Default] On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:11:31 +0100,Samer Abdelnour
<samer.abdelnour at gmail.com> wrote:

>ii) What verifiable claims (again, in practice, not theory) can be
>made based upon the various tests? Do tests predict future impact in
>terms of how users use them? What about fuel use, environmental, or
>social outcomes?

Samer that question could lead to a bigger argument.

As a consumer I buy things, like a car, based on my subjective view of
a product from a choice of many, the military buying the same type of
car base their decision on a procurement policy which produces a
score. The highest score wins.

Much the same seems to be the way stoves are going, the producer who
scores the best for his stove gets it accepted by NGOs sponsoring
"improved" stoves to the masses.

AJH