[Stoves] Stove tests - in practice?

Samer Abdelnour samer.abdelnour at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:58:09 CST 2015

Thanks to everyone for taking on the questions. I'm still digesting
your elaborate responses to a short inquiry, I'll likely need some
time to ponder these.

However, to AJH:

While I understand the consumer argument, I don't think it really
holds here. Do users really have choice when stoves are subsidized by
donors, disseminated by NGOs, and pushed onto them? Are we talking
consumers or beneficiaries?

Regardless of this, the macro-discourse for the promotion of stoves is
for the benefit of mankind. If this stoves game is really about
marketization, then it really doesn't matter if the test performance
translates into real-world benefits. However, if the global push to
create a stoves market is to benefit users and their families, stove
test must correlate in practice (not in theory) with future social and
environmental impact.

Thanks again.
SA