[Stoves] thermo-mechanical stove automation?

Greg Egan greg at bamboosciencegroup.com
Thu Jan 29 15:21:47 CST 2015

Ron,
Quite a few years ago when I was at HCI, we experimented with hydrogen thermo-fluidic devices using metal hydridesas sorption compressors (even in three-bed cascade systems).
The temperature available from cookstoves is high enough to operate most hydride systems.Here are a few sources of the technology I am referring to:
MetalHydride Fluidic Artificial Muscle Actuation System

 ByAlexandra Vanderhoff

ThermodynamicProperties, Hysteresis Behavior and

Stress-StrainAnalysis of MgH2 Thin Films, Studied over a Wide Temperature Range

Yevheniy Pivak, Herman Schreuders, and Bernard Da

www.mdpi.com/journal/crystals

Reilly, J.J.;Wiswall, R.H. The reaction of hydrogen with alloys of magnesium and nickel andthe formation of Mg2NiH4. Inorg. Chem. 1968, 7, 2254–2256.

MicroEnergy Conversion Devices: Luc G. Fréchette,,

Encyclopedia ofMicrofluidics and Nanofluidics 2008, pp1119-1127 (this one includes heat engine details)

Greg