[Stoves] Reports from ETHOS meetings: the future of TLUD research / on-line library on the basics of combustion

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Fri Jan 30 15:02:10 CST 2015

Hi Julien and stovers,

I just pick out of the points (__they are all important !__) only the first point, you wrote Julien:

"1) Establish an on-line library on the basics of combustion science with
topics on buoyance, turbulence, gas combustion, and reaction kinetics,
etc.."

I underline it and add the importance of thumb-basics with combustion science background and naturally not to forget practice-proved knowledge/findings.

e.g. knowledge of temperature rating by sight of the glow-color; as Tom Reed a lot of time referred to the stoves-list.
Or Lanny Henson's remark, that at least 4 sticks are necessary for a successful fire in a burning-chamber.
Or Crispin's remark that 40 cm is often sufficient for an acceptable working chimney.
Or Andrew Heggie's remark that different climates need different constructed stoves, due to the surrounding influence (humidity, level above sea, -besides the normally respected different available fuels)
Those are few examples for a lot of a small seeds for my brain. Or such was sometimes the "yeah! " of what I was thinking or feeling since before.
Let us collect those precious simple tesserae, and bring them in a form to find and re-find them easily and to be aware of.
But at first we should discuss systems how to manage that;
 -meanwhile collecting privately self- important-(felt)-found simple thumb-facts with related key-words.
I guess a searchable PDF-file would be helpful and simple.

By time the stoves list would be a great treasure, - when it was a, by key-words, searchable archive up to the beginning!?

Regards
Martin

Referring to parts of:
Message: 5