[Stoves] Prakti is hiring!

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 01:25:27 CDT 2015

Greetings dear Stovers!

Prakti is hiring! We are currently looking for staff and interns, for a
variety of positions.

For those who don't know us already, we are stove designers and
manufacturers .

Please have a look at our website here: http://praktidesign.com/

and Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/PraktiDesign?ref=hl

First of all, we are looking for an Engineering and Technical Manager:

Tasks

.        Manage a team of engineers and researchers.

.        Manage both the Stove design/production projects and on-going R&D
projects.

.        Develop new products and refine existing clean cook stove products
to improve performance, usability, and cost.

.        Research comparative product designs, analyze product requirements,
generate concepts, oversee creation of 3D models research and oversee test
of new materials, of rapid prototype, of product tests.

.        Document engineering processes and develop manufacturing, testing,
user and maintenance best practice manuals.

.        Work to ensure products meet quality, safety, production, and
performance requirements.

.        Set up a work plan for the R&D department: with objectives,
deadlines, expected outputs.

Skills and experience

Required:

.        Engineer education

.        Ability to work independently where necessary and show initiative

.        Ability to initiate and implement change

.        Ability to solve problems in small teams

.        Ability to work remotely as part of a global team

.        Experience in team and project management

.        Passion for designing quality, appropriate products that support
poverty alleviation.

.        Strong skills in research, modelling, rapid prototyping.

.        Must be self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented. Must be
able to multi-task, problem-solve, and prioritize in fast-paced,
multi-disciplinary, collaborative environments.

.        Rigor in following and documenting a work plan

.        Strong, verbal, written, visual presentation skills (proficient in
Word, Excel, Powerpoint).

.        Must be able to communicate effectively across cultures and across
functions (with design, manufacturing, and marketing colleagues).

.        Empathy and open-mindedness, listen to his/her team

.        Commitment to Prakti's aims

.        Interest in environment and development

Desired:

.        Experience of working or living with different cultures.

.        Strong knowledge of combustion, thermodynamics, materials,
manufacturing processes.

.        Knowledge on Base of the Pyramid products development.

.        Knowledge on Rocket stove/heat transfer technology.

.        Interest in social enterprises-both the social impact and creating
a sustainable business.

.        Knowledge with computational fluid dynamic, or structural finite
elements would be appreciated

.        Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.

If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to
info at praktidesign.com, mentioning you read the ad in the stovelist!

We are also looking for:

*  Testing and prototyping engineer

*  Intern mechanical engineers

*  Intern data logging and analysis system

*  Intern production engineer

*  Intern supply chain advisor

*  Intern quality control engineer

*  Intern sales officer

*  Intern graphic designer

What is it to work at Prakti?

You'll be working with a team of passionned, diverse and commited people, in
a fun working atmosphere. The job will be both challenging and rewarding. We
are currently working on a few innovative technologies and models, and,
additionnally to the same old same old, more advanced ways of testing and
developing stoves.

We are located in South India, between Pondicherry and Auroville. The Prakti
office and lab location is beautiful, in the middle of nature. We have good
access to internet, and we are close to all one might need: 5 minutes away
from the beach, shops, restaurants, other social businesses, foresty area of
Auroville.

We are next to Auroville, unique place of social experiment, with many
innovative social and environmental businesses. We are 10 minutes from
Pondicherry, former French colony and a medium-size (for India) city with a
lot of charm.

And last but not least, delicious South Indian food is served every day for
lunch! :-)

So if you are still doubting why you should join Prakti, you can contact us
at info at praktidesign.com.

Sorry for that long message, and thanks in advance for contacting us or
circulating this ad through your networks!

Best regards,

Xavier Brandao

COO

T   +91 413 262 34 37