[Stoves] Test methods for cook stoves

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Thu Mar 19 20:38:23 CDT 2015

Dear Crispin, and Philip,

I like what you and Philip are saying and agree. Because the fuel differs at different locations there will need to be separate testing anyways so why not at the same time add Tasks that are common to that local. So we follow my  outlined procedure and replace the fuel with local available biomass that works for  the stove being tested and replace the water boiling task with a real task that is frequently used. There will likely be several tasks and may even involve several cooking utensils so it could involve many tests especially if they need to be in trilicate. So to make it manageable we need to keep the number of real tasks to one to two that represent typical usage expected and utensil(s) used. The results are still in biomass/task and time/task. Do we need to add taste quality of the end results? I don’t think so as that would be difficult.  And we need to establish a well defined end time when the task is completed. That should be easy with any task because all we need is the time from match to when the utensil is up to temperture and add on the time found to be average (as observed in real World) needed to complete the task. We still need to complete the task so to calculate the biomass used.

 Is that how you both look at it?

I don’t think we can add emissions to the test package when using real food - but not sure.

Regards

Frank

Frank Shields
franke at cruzio.com