[Stoves] Test methods for cook stoves

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:44:08 CDT 2015

Hi Jiddu,

It seems to me that it is not possible to know from a lab test if the stove
will do well in a market. And it is necessary to be in the market anyway to
sell the stove. Evolving the stove product with input from the potential
buyer and user in a market gets the information you need. How much food
should the stove cook?, what fuel will be used?, one pot, two pot, three
pot?, the price? These questions are answered in the market not in a lab
where the information is not available. Since the stove project is located
in the market anyway and needs to know the requirements we use the market
tests to inform the project.

For this reason the WBT, CCT, KPT combination was invented. Each test for a
different purpose but together to create a stove product that works on the
many levels required.

Best,

Dean