[Stoves] Sequestering carbon -

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Mon May 4 05:55:31 CDT 2015

Dear Rolf,
we use flour swept from the floor of a flour mill. We have small flour
mills all over the city and even in villages. The waste flour is quite
cheap because it consists of a mixture of wheat, maize, sorghum
penisetum, millets, legumes and also a bit of dirt. We use 100g flour
per 1kg char powder, boil the flour in water to make a sticky paste,
mix it with char powder and extrude the mixture into cylindrical
briquettes. The briquettes are sun-dried on a plastic film. For small
scale users, we have made a mold, which makes flat slabs having criss
cross markings like a chocolate slab. These slabs can be broken by
hand into smaller squares before using them in a charcoal brazier.
Yours
A.D.Karve