[Stoves] feedback on German 'stove camp' last weekend

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu May 14 20:55:49 CDT 2015

Dear Christa

That was just what I wanted to know (and hear)! It sounds like there is a
way forward on the local assembly of flat pack stoves.

I have heard a report of the field trial of the Rocketworx stove in Java,
though I have never used on myself. The emissions across a wide power band
were very good, about the same as a Philips fan stove burning wood. There is
a presentation on a fan attached to an Envirofit 5000 stoves (which is a
squat actual Rocket Stove, not like the Rocketworx) which shows a
substantial reduction in PM2.5 but it is still about double that of the
Rocketworx. Only the pellet stoves were cleaner in the first round of
testing at YDD Lab (the second is about to start).

So that nails two big attributes: emissions and local assembly. The next
would acceptance.

Thanks

Crispin

Dear Crispin,  I finally get to give you the feedback from the workshop in
Glücksburg: we had 15 people so keen to get going with something practical,
that I didn't manage to finish assembling one demo stove to show the
different steps and usage of the tools. We had put out the sets of the stove
parts on a table and they just started  assembling ZamaZama-stoves with the
3 sets of tools that Rocketworks had sent with the consignment. This was
sufficient for everybody as they anyhow formed smaller groups and did not
progress at the same pace.