[Stoves] Pyrolysis: No Air?

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:23:14 CDT 2015

Dean,
There being oxygen in the chemical structure of biomass and oxygen in the
spaces and cracks, a strict abstinence is difficult. In one of the Reed/Das
handbooks there is a graph of the pyrolysis-gasification-combustion
continuum, where the x axis goes from say zero to %200 of stoichiometric
oxygen/air. I think ( always roughly) gasification fit in the %20-%80 range
with pyrolysis below and combustion above. The char and gas yield % was in
there too. I'm sure folks could argue endlessly about where exactly to
place the demarcations.
Alex