[Stoves] Pyrolysis: No Air?

Frank Shields franke at cruzio.com
Sat May 16 18:20:44 CDT 2015

I use the word gasification when talking about the gases produced and the word pyrolysis when referring to the production of biochar and the change to the biomass. I’m thinking the air introduced during TLUD is only for the purpose of increasing the temperature and not part of the definition. Could use outside heat to increase the temperature if available. And the secondary doesn’t count as that is just making use of the gases produced.

So the TLUD is talked about both producing gases to cook and biomass changing to biochar.

Crispin had a definition list some time back that I wish I had saved from my move out of the lab.

Frank

Frank Shields
franke at cruzio.com