[Stoves] Torrified Pellets

Ronald Hongsermeier rwhongser at web.de
Sat May 23 14:33:14 CDT 2015

Hi Dean,
I did some searching around on the internet several years ago on this topic.
I'd like to try torrefied stuff as well, but I struck out at that time.
No idea where to find them.
The main advantage that I picked up on at that time was that they should
be relatively inert as to picking up extra water after they were pelletized.
Cleaner burning than what?
clean burning is a control issue, not a fuel issue as far as I
understand. If I understand the concept correctly, it's like using part
of the large molecules initially broken out (cracked) by the heat in the
reaction vessel to coat the surfaces of the remaining unpyrolized
material. This should burn quite okay in a TLUD.

regards,
Ronald von Nasennebenhöhlenhölle (but I'm coming back)