[Stoves] Torrified Pellets

Dean Still deankstill at gmail.com
Sat May 23 14:01:44 MDT 2015


Hi Ronald,

I'll keep looking. I think that we shouldn't forget cleaner fuel recipes as
part of the solution.

Best,

Dean

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser at web.de>
wrote:

>  Hi Dean,
> I did some searching around on the internet several years ago on this
> topic.
> I'd like to try torrefied stuff as well, but I struck out at that time.
> No idea where to find them.
> The main advantage that I picked up on at that time was that they should
> be relatively inert as to picking up extra water after they were pelletized.
> Cleaner burning than what?
> clean burning is a control issue, not a fuel issue as far as I understand.
> If I understand the concept correctly, it's like using part of the large
> molecules initially broken out (cracked) by the heat in the reaction vessel
> to coat the surfaces of the remaining unpyrolized material. This should
> burn quite okay in a TLUD.
>
> regards,
> Ronald von Nasennebenhöhlenhölle (but I'm coming back)
>
>
> On 23.05.2015 20:56, Dean Still wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>  I'd like to try torrified pellets in a TLUD under the emissions hood.
>
>  Any ideas on where to find them?
>
>  Or if it should be cleaner burning?
>
>  Best,
>
>  Dean
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Stoves mailing list
>
> to Send a Message to the list, use the email addressstoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
>
> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web pagehttp://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/stoves_lists.bioenergylists.org
>
> for more Biomass Cooking Stoves,  News and Information see our web site:http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Stoves mailing list
>
> to Send a Message to the list, use the email address
> stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
>
> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web page
>
> http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/stoves_lists.bioenergylists.org
>
> for more Biomass Cooking Stoves,  News and Information see our web site:
> http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.bioenergylists.org/pipermail/stoves_lists.bioenergylists.org/attachments/20150523/029f8db2/attachment.html>


More information about the Stoves mailing list