[Stoves] Torrified Pellets

Ronald Hongsermeier rwhongser at web.de
Sat May 23 15:28:00 CDT 2015

Hi Dean,
I remember that there was a proposed university program (W. Virginia or
the Carolinas??) In view of the deaths(not _many_ but tragic) that have
taken place due to off-loading of pellets at some European ports (CO in
the hold) The torrefaction could lead to a more inert fuel. That's
hopeful speculation on my part however. You would be transporting some
less bound water and the energy density is better than regular pellets
in addition to the lack of liquid or vapor H2O absorption issue
mentioned before-- these would lend efficiencies in the logistics end of
things and an even more uniform fuel than regular pellets, which tend to
absorb quite a  bit of water here in the damp winter weather...
I have to admit that I'm a bit puzzled as to what you mean by cleaner
fuel recipes. What specific pollutant are you interested in or are you
talking about particulate?
If you aren't choking the burn by putting the pot too close, you should
be getting a very clean burn with a TLUD?!?

regards,
Ron