[Stoves] Fwd: Interesting thesis on heating biomass / torrificationbut trapping the volatiles

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue May 26 22:57:47 CDT 2015

Stovers and Biochar folks,

The thesis referenced below is very interesting about semi-carbonized
densified biomass (SCDB) made at temperatures between 115 and 230 deg C
(abstract) and having approximately 70% volatile matter (page 84 of text
which is page 95 of digital copy).

> IS DENSIFIED BIOMASS FUEL FROM AGRO-FORESTRY WASTE A SUSTAINABLE
> ENERGY OPTION? MS degree THESIS by William Linning III, year 2012.
http://uknowledge.uky.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1006&context=me_etds

The email address for Bill Linning (author of the study)is no longer valid,
so we need to try to contact him some other way.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype: paultlud      Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com