[Stoves] VERY interesting article in LOW-TECH MAGAZINE: Well-Tended Fires Outperform Modern Cooking Stoves

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun May 31 07:54:17 CDT 2015

[Default] On Fri, 29 May 2015 14:29:11 -0400,Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

>It is a good article to challenge yourself on whether the comparisons are made fairly or not. If you compare the energy in the total fuel consumed in one system with the energy in the heat transferred to the pot in another, how do you know if one is better than the other?

Yes, I would have likes a bit more information about how the costs for
power used to produce and distribute refined fuels were attributed, I
could see no legend for the graphic used.

I like to use natural gas to cook with (my wife insists on an electric
hob at home and as she does 99% of the household cooking...) but can
see how these additional costs do make it less efficient than a wood
flame cooker.

AJH