[Stoves] [biochar-stoves] Wiggio Group Invitation from art donnelly

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 7 22:16:15 CST 2015

Thank you for accepting me into this group, Art!

One thing that I would like to mention to all is that I am now also
involved with a group or youth who have started an International
organization called *CSAYN*, the *Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network*.

I am the Promotions Manager for CSAYN, which is registered inYaoundé,
Cameroon (Africa), and which is a member organization and on the
Steering Committeeof the United Nations Global Alliance for Climate
Smart Agriculture.

See: http://csayouthnetwork.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/CSA.YouthNetwork/

http://www.fao.org/climatechange/climatesmart/en/

www.fao.org/climatechange/climatesmart/enhttp://www.fao.org/climate-smart-agriculture/85725/en/

World We Want 2015, www.worldwewant2015.org
<http://www.worldwewant2015.org/>

and examine:
https://www.unglobalcompact.org/Issues/partnerships/post_2015_development_agenda.html

https://www.unglobalcompact.org/docs/issues_doc/development/Post2015/Food_Agriculture_Issue_Brief.pdf

The SDGs and their targets are described coherently here:
https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/focussdgs.html

www.zerohungerchallenge.org <http://www.zerohungerchallenge.org>

  As the Promotions Manager for this group, which is about a year old
now, one of the things I have been doing is attempting to identify
potential "leaders" who may have an interest in starting new "Chapters"
of the CSAYN in various countries around the world.
  (Our goal is to eventually have a chapter in every country, of course.)

  Right now we do have Chapters of the CSAYN in more than 30 countries,
mostly in Africa, however I would be interested in hearing from anyone
who may have an interest in hwlping to organize / start up (or join) a
local CSAYN Chapter in /their own/ country [and/or a country where they
spend a lot of time].
   In particular, we have an interest in the following regional groups
(in the following countries):

 >> Togo,Cameroon, DRC, Nigeria and Canada (our five 'pilot' countries)
plus Australia, the Philippines, PNG and China.
(note: We would also be interested in creating Chapters in Latin America
[Central, South America and the Caribbean] as well, since there are very
few people in that part of the world who seem to be aware** of the
concept of /Climate Smart/ Agriculture.)

Please be aware that we do have a Chapter of CSAYN in the USA
(coordinated through Ohio State University) and also have the beginnings
of one here in Canada and in Honduras, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the
Netherlands (among others /outside/ of Africa).

** Given that the primary mandate of CSAYN is "awareness creation"
(about CSA), we have several programs starting up right now, including
coordination of *Education and Training programmes* like:

  *   some proposed *SDG* Education & Training courses*,
  *   a series of *Farmer-to-Farmer field Schools* (teaching people
    about Climate Smart Agricutlure),

  and

  *   the establishment of local *"Post-2015 clubs" (in schools**)*,
    designed to provide provides "mentoring support" and allow for
    coordination of various /offline conversations/, /consultations/ and
    /focus group discussions/ to take place, especially for the purpose
    of educating children and youth from some of the most marginalized
    communities -- including Indigenous / Aboriginal / First Nations
    communities -- about the SDGs and Climate Smart Ag and Food
    production techniques, technologies and local 'business models' that
    may be applicable within their own communities.

*note: SDG == the 17 *Sustainable Development Goals* (SDGs) of the
United Nations.
Refer to:

http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/

 1. "Goal 1: No poverty"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-1/>.
 2. "Goal 2: Zero hunger"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-2.html>.
 3. "Goal 3: Good health and well-being"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-3.html>.
 4. "Goal 4: Quality education"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-4.html>.
 5. "Goal 5: Gender equality"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-5.html>.
 6. "Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-6.html>.
 7. "Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-7.html>.
 8. "Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-8.html>.
 9. "Goal 9: Industry, innovation, infrastructure"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-9.html>.
10. "Goal 10: Reduced inequalities"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-10.html>.
11. "Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-11.html>.
12. "Goal 12: Responsible consumption, production"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-12.html>.
13. "Goal 13: Climate action"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-13.html>.
14. "Goal 14: Life below water"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-14.html>.
15. "Goal 15: Life on land"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-15.html>.
16. "Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-16.html>.
17. "Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals"
    <http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/post-2015-development-agenda/goal-17.html>.

  Please also feel free to contact me privately at lhelferty at biochar.ca
if you have an interest or wish to discuss further.

Regards,

   Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist
   Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada)
   www.biochar-consulting.ca
   Earth Stewardship consultant, Passive Remediation Systems Ltd. (PRSI)
   http://www.prsi.ca/
   Promotions Manager, Climate Smart Agriculture Youth Network (CSAYN)
   http://csayouthnetwork.wordpress.com/
   http://www.fao.org/climate-smart-agriculture/
   https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=6756248
   48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada
   905-707-8754
   CELL: 647-886-8754
      Skype: lloyd.helferty
   Co-manager, Sustainable Agriculture Group
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sustainable-Agriculture-3866458
   Steering Committee coordinator
   Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI)
   Community Sustainability (CoSWoG), A working group of Science for Peace
   was: http://www.scienceforpeace.ca/currents/
   President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario
   Member of the Don Watershed Regeneration Council (DWRC)
   Manager, Biochar Offsets Group:
            http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475
    Advisory Committee Member, IBI
   http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717
   http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675
   http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario
   http://www.meetup.com/biocharontario/
   http://www.biocharontario.ca
    www.biochar.ca

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
  — Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

On 2015-11-07 9:42 PM, David Derbowka wrote:
> Hello there
> It will be of great value sharing the wonder of carbon.  A group of
> minds acting as one, remind a mind why it's so powerful working together.
>
> We will have fun
>
> Cheers
> David R Derbowka
>

> Regards,
>

> *David R Derbowka*|CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER |
>
> *Passive Remediation Systems Ltd.*
> *Tel:* +1 250 306 6377 |
> *eMail:*david.derbowka at prsi.ca
> <mailto:david.derbowka at prsi.ca> |*Web:*prsi.ca <http://prsi.ca> |
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Bojca Janušwrote:
>
>     Hi Art,
>     thank you for your invitation, I am more than pleased to join.
>     Želim vam veliko veselja na vrtu!
>     Lep pozdrav / Warm regards,
>     Bojca
<Snip>