[Stoves] To patent or not to patent. How about the 'un patent'

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sat Nov 21 23:08:26 CST 2015

So if Ive read you both correctly, i make up my instructional manual and sell one , then proceed to expose the idea globally . One can then patent or in this case copywrite the manual but would it not, in parallel fashion, be an 'invalid copyright' meaning that they could not sue you. I see the winning part as being able to continue to distribute the manuals and the market  protection part as in the author's provision of personal support to the buyer. Since the product is (hopefully) likely to be adapted to local circumstance across national boundaries, it will likely move beyond anyone's prior art. I am therefore not sure if one can infringe on another's prior art (where does another's prior originate anyway?). Thats a moot point in itself because in this case, the art we are speaking of is bound up more in the service of co developing a newer locally adapted version of the product, than the product per se. Maybe we need to hire a team of lawyers to define that for us -- then again, maybe not eh ?
Richard

Sent from my iPhone