[Stoves] Cattle Dung

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 04:58:02 CDT 2015

Dear All,
A Bodhi tree is a great research tool. If you sit under this tree and
meditate, you get answers to a lot of problems. I used this method of
research and got the following answer:
Getting rid of cattle dung is a genuine need of the dairy industry. It
may be tackled as follows:

In a biogas plant, the digestible components of dung (i.e. mucus and
bacteria) decompose anaerobically into organic acids, which in turn
get converted into biogas. If a large container is filled with dung,
it delivers biogas continuously for about 3 to 6 months. The
feasibility of this procedure has already been demonstrated. After the
dung in the container has stopped producing biogas, the residue is
diluted by mixing it with water and drained out of the container.  The
slurry is dewatered by spreading it on a bed of straw. The water
removed from the slurry can be used as a plant nutrient. It contains
mainly reduced organic compounds and minerals. The dewatered slurry is
briquetted and used as solid fuel.

Yours

A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)