[Stoves] Clean coal burning stoves Re: History of clean Chinese stove development.

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Sep 15 14:57:21 CDT 2015

Dear Ron

>Our EPA has declared that CO2 from all fossil fuels is a pollutant.  That
was held up in the US Supreme Court.

The EPA was sued by an NGO that the EPA provided with money to sue it. Why?
Why was this arrangement made by EPA staff using email private accounts that
were not subject to FOIA?

CO2 is in what way a 'pollutant'? It is plant food. There is something
curious about this whole thing.

>Most of the world agrees that fossil fuel CO2 needs to be eliminated and
that is what COP21 in Paris is about.

Many others detect additional motives centered on access to very large sums
of money. Who is 'most of the world'?

>Biomass can supply all those forms of energy anyway - in most cases cheaper
where biomass cook stoves are now in use.

That might be a difficult case to make.  A whole portion of the CDM
financing mechanism is premised on the basis that biomass fuel is being
unsustainably harvested. Demand far out-strips supply in some places. Two
examples of countries that operate mostly on biomass energy are North Korea
and South Sudan. Is that our fate?

>Additionally the guiding words for this list emphasize it is for biomass.
["Our site is dedicated to helping people develop better stoves for cooking
with biomass fuels in developing regions."]

Change the purpose of the list so that the needs of hundreds of millions of
ordinary people are not abandoned.