[Stoves] Coal and biochar stoves

Todd Albi todd.r.albi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:44:08 CDT 2015

Stovers:

I'm confused.  Coal & Biomass stove disconnect?  No one is discussing the
dissimilarities.

Is this a logical?  The discussion of coal combustion must address Mercury,
fly ash and other heavy metal pollution, not just run of the mill biomass
combustion pollution.  Water and air pollution contamination are other
major health concerns.  Mining and transporting coal has wide documented
health impacts.

Don't we have to ask although coal maybe combusted cleanly with very well
designed stove compared to an inefficient coal stoves, advanced scrubber
technologies are not affordable or practical for household stoves.

Do any of the biomass stove testing entities have or can afford coal
emission testing technologies?  Currently I am not aware of any biomass
testing organization that has the sophistication or equipment for heavy
metal emission testing, or am I incorrect?

Regards,

Todd Albi, SilverFire,