[Stoves] Free solar panels (Crispin Pemberton-Pigott)

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:55:02 CDT 2016

[Default] On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 01:22:45 +0530,Traveller
<miata98 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Isn't this really off-topic?

It's marginal but we have talked about the relative merits of using
electricity stored in rechargeable cells to power a fan used to
increase the combustion efficiency verses using a TEG to
simultaneously produce electricity to power the same fan. I think the
conclusion was that the PV plus battery had more utility and
robustness for the cost.

Producing all the ,say, 5kW necessary for cooking  would involve a
considerable cost in panels.

AJH