[Stoves] report with dissapointing results from cleaner cookstoves (Crispin)

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:35:10 CST 2016

[Default] On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:42:51 -0500,Traveller
<miata98 at gmail.com> wrote:

> enjoyed the luxuries of stove science while some 400 million poor
>people have died prematurely in the last 30 years.

traveler make up your mind, either cleaner stoves, arrived at by
application of science, can have an effect on decreasing those
premature deaths (and for the most part we are considering infant
mortality so life expectation might otherwise be many years) or the
wood smoke those 400 million poor endured was not a significant
contribution to their early demise.

Given that I believe sooty particulates [1] from incomplete combustion
are a danger to health I wanted views on why this study did not
conclude a cleaner stove had no effect.

So far Roger Samson has made some observations , though I never did
see his original post.

[1]Frans has pointed out that it is the PICs adsorbed onto the sooty
bits that do the damage, carbon bucky balls being basically inert in
the body.

AJH