[Stoves] report with dissapointing results from cleaner cookstoves (Andrew) - Malawi

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:18:21 CST 2016

[Default] On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 12:29:42 +0530,Anand Karve
<adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Ron,
>as a stove researcher I feel that smoke in the kitchen is a big nuisance
>and it should be eliminated, even if its lethality cannot be proved.
>Yours
>A.D.Karve

I agree and a natural gas or electric cooker with an extractor fan
works well for me but it's not going to be available to the vast
majority of people using cook stoves at present.

What I was wanting to know, given that we had been told in the past
that acute respiratory disease in infants was exacerbated by indoor
pollution from cooking smoke, what was it that broke this causal link
in this study, so far Roger and Crisping have made pertinent comments.

AJH