[Stoves] report with dissapointing results from cleaner cookstoves (Crispin)

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 15:23:12 CST 2016

[Default] On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 22:09:05 +0300,Cookswell Jikos
<cookswelljikos at gmail.com> wrote:

>Even though Dr. Mortimer found out (and I wish they went into more detail here) '' He only got the bad news right at the end, because the data had been "blinded" - the researchers deliberately kept hidden whether a given set of medical records were from a family who had been given a stove, or from a family in the control group.'' his researchers may not of been as clean as his stoves, I for one always welcome papers like these about air pollution and our environment, and I especially welcome all of your comments on them. It's part of the first steps to actually knowing what and where the problems even are. And thankfully at least air pollution seems to be making the news more and more these days.  https://theconversation.com/africa-has-an-air-pollution-problem-but-lacks-the-data-to-tackle-it-69057.

Teddy

I'm well behind on reading up on this report but I too would like more
detail.

Did the "cleaner" stoves actually change the indoor or outdoor quality
the users were subjected to?

BTW leaded petrol wasn't withdrawn in UK till 2000 although by then
unleaded was by far the  bigger sales having been introduced in 1986