[Stoves] Gina McCarthy on Ghana stoves -- the post-factual world of GACC (Re: Harold)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:37:24 CST 2016

Gina went there for the International Day of the Girl
<http://cleancookstoves.org/about/news/10-13-2016-girls-in-ghana-push-for-increased-access-to-clean-cooking.html>.
I reckon her Ghana trip cost about $80-100k. Far more than the "30%
incentive for the first 150 early adopters."

The GACC days - fine-wine-dine-and-shine for celebrities.

Gina planned this junket in anticipation of a Clinton victory. Her
speechwriters had to come up with things like "When children suffer, the
economy suffers," an invitation to concoct a $250 million research program
on cookstoves and the economy. (Yours truly can manage it.)

These infants abuse WHO/IHME to lie through their teetth - "harmful
cookstove smoke is the fifth leading cause of death in developing
countries."

Nope. Deaths in developing countries are NOT caused by cookstove smoke;
they are "attributed" to cookstove smoke, even though very little is known
about smoke exposure profiles worldwide. In any case, premature mortality
is a concept for the cohorts already dead.

Or "Between 2005 and 2010, Ghana’s deforestation rate was estimated at 2.2%
per annum, the sixth highest deforestation rate globally for that period."

As if it has anything to do with the price of fish or fuel. This research
piece <http://www1.american.edu/TED/ghana.htm> claims, "The majority of
Ghanaian depends on the forest for cooking and fire wood. *The depletion of
the rainforest for the purpose of fire wood, **although a concern for many,
has been insignificant compared to **commercial logging*."

We live in the post-factual society; science has to become post-factual.

Nikhil