[Stoves] Now on-topic: Challenge to Ron to define service standard and goals for "better biomass stoves"

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:26:22 CST 2016

Ron:

I am serious about raising a billion dollars for GACC. Including for
biomass stoves.

Sad to see that you are not. The Alliance needs new partners like Ivanka.
GACC needs to continue with Leo DeCaprio and Jose Andres if that is what it
takes to raise money. There's no hope for engineers without more money, I
am sure you will agree (because that is what I have seen argue a lot for -
more money.)

So far I thought the purpose of this List was to discuss ways of producing
- and successfully marketing (I imagine) BETTER BIOMASS STOVES. You now
want to restrict only to WOOD-FIRED COOKSTOVES?

I submit to you that you cannot move an inch toward better biomass stoves
without also looking at the competition (coal included) and defining your
terms - biomass and cookstoves.

With enough data characterizing fuel chemistry around the world, moisture
variability throughout seasons, foods that are being cooked with the
cookstoves.

Far too much money and time has been wasted on measuring and debating the
impacts of "improved stoves" projects.

I submit there is not an iota of gain from IHME/WHO GoBbleDygook.

Please define the service standard and the environmental objectives and
goals of "clean cookstoves" movement.

It's all in fuel chemistry, air chemistry and atmospheric chemistry.

Nikhil (with a chemistry degree)