[Stoves] Thermal cameras for monitoring heat loss.

David Meed david at meed.ca
Thu Feb 11 11:10:10 CST 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Cookswell Jikos <cookswelljikos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any experiance with or recommendations about using
> thermal imaging cameras with stoves? I would really like to be able to show
> myself and other Kenyan stove makers, in real time, where heat loss is
> occurring (gaps, holes etc.). Are there any sub 2-300$ imaging systems
> available for something like this?

​I've been keeping my eyes open for something inexpensive.  I haven't tried
any of these. Buyer beware!

This one is $349 and uses an iphone as the display
NOTE the resolution is very low, but they use a regular camera to overlay
high res outlines on the IR image.
http://www.flir.ca/flirone/
http://www.wired.com/2014/08/a-review-of-the-iphone-infrared-camera-the-flir-one/
​