[Stoves] Having correctlness in NAMES

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 03:06:57 CST 2016

[Default] On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 10:03:30 +0300,Nolbert Muhumuza
<muhumuza at gmail.com> wrote:

>Just to add a voice.
>
>If such acronym are as confusing in the developed world,  imagine the
>effects in the developing world were reading is still limited. Worse still,
>we tend to treate such publications for gospel truths.

I won't comment on what names are chosen but agree about the acronyms,
in the old days papers were manually typed and littered with Three
Letter Acronyms but often the first reference was expanded. In these
days of "find and replace" I don't see any particular need for the
abbreviation.

BTW (By The Way) although Flame Cap may be a modern term Jon Evelyn
wrote about open pit burning for charcoal making in 1682 and I used
the same method but in an open ring kiln in the 1990s, I described it
in an early post here, the char produced was a bit "grey" for sale as
barbecue fuel but ideal for biochar and preferable to burning "lop and
top" to waste, which was a requirement on some forestry estates..

Andrew