[Stoves] UB fan stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu Jun 9 05:17:19 CDT 2016

Dear Dr Nurhuda

Thanks for the update. I am happy to see your fan stove working so well. Please don’t forget to keep us updated with the natural draft versions because yours is one of the few really controllable TLUD’s that have been tested for emissions using a contextual test.

If you have some test results please post them if they are shareable. Even if I knew what they were I can’t do that on your behalf.

There are now three TLUD’s made in Indonesia with spectacularly low PM. At some point you might wat to try Kirk’s version jus to try it and compare. The top (pot holding) is functionally the same. My only suggestion is to keep the pot-stove clearance reasonably low – 16mm perhaps.

Best regards from Accra

Crispin

Hi stovers,

Finally we have been  able to develop a fan stove that left no black spot on the pot utensil. Attached is photo of the base of pot after one hour cooking and the appearance of cookstove  when in usage.

The pot base is still clean because we employee the combustion scheme,  where the flame goes down,  hence almost no contact between the flame  and the base of pot utensil.

For fuel,  we focus on biomass pellet only,  since we expect that this stove can be used to replace the LPG stove, particularly when LPG is not more affordable for most Indonesian people.

Kind regards
M.  Nurhuda