[Stoves] Price of fan stove

Muhammad Nurhuda mnurhuda.ub at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:39:51 CDT 2016

Dear Prof. Anderson,

Philip and ACE stoves are sold in Indonesia under CSI program at price  >
US$ 50,-

For most people, it is difficult to afford that stoves, too expensive.

That is why we want to make fan stoves that are much affordable for people.

Unlike Phillip or ACE, our burning chamber is removeable and therefore
replaceable. The price of burning chamber alone probably will be not more
than US$ 8/unit or even lower.

Kind regards
M. Nurhuda
Dear Prof. Nurhuda,

So much depends on the quality of the stove with fan.   Some such as
Biolite and Ace (Philips) are NOT TLUD stoves, and they have high prices
that are not fully revealed because of subsidies.

TLUD stoves with fans are less common after the manufacture in India of the
Reed Woodgas Campstove went its own way.  Those units are not available in
the USA any longer (as far as I know).   Silverfire (Oregon, USA) has a
unit (or more) with fan.

Best reference is Roth, second edition, 2014, Micro-gasification (available
several places including at Drtlud.com).

Please tell us more about what stoves with fans can be purchased in
Indonesia.   And please do keep us informed about your own stove
availability and characteristics.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com