[Stoves] "Vom Pyrolysekocher zur terra preta" Workshop 11-12.06. --> Clay TLUDs

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:37:54 CDT 2016

Dear Julien

I presume that people in Bangladesh eat mainly rice. We have developed a
rice cooker, which uses about 150 g charcoal for cooking a meal of rice,
dal and vegetables (or fish or meat)  for about 5 persons. One just starts
the cooker and then devotes oneself to any other task, inside or outside
the house. After about 40 minutes, the charcoal burns itself out. So there
is no need to hurry back to the cooker to extinguish the fire. The charcoal
itself is made from agricultural waste. It is powdery when made, but we
extrude it into briquettes . I think that it would be an ideal solution for
Bangladesh. A video of the charring and briquetting  can be seen on our web
site, www.samuchit.com. It is not a patented technology.

Yours

A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)